MILAN, Oct 24 (Reuters) - General Motors believes a put option held by Fiat -- which could force the U.S. carmaker to buy out the Italian group's car division -- may not be applicable, GM's chief executive was quoted as saying on Friday. Fiat executives have recently said they have no intention of exercising the option which begins in 2004. GM Chief Executive Richard Wagoner was quoted by Il Sole 24 Ore newspaper as saying "there are some doubts about whether the put option can be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM boss casts doubt on Fiat put option - papers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.