By Nick Carey DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp dealers said on Monday the United Auto Workers strike should have little short-term impact on showroom sales since inventories of most vehicles were running high before the work stoppage. "GM inventories are such that we don't expect any short-term disruption," said Marc Cannon, a spokesman for Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based AutoNation Inc , the largest GM dealer in the United States, with 72 franchises in 16 states. "We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM dealers seen able to weather short-term strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.