FRANKFURT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp Chief Executive Rick Wagoner will announce plans this week to close four U.S. assembly plants, the Automotive News industry paper reported on Monday, citing a "company insider". It said the move was part of an effort by the world's biggest carmaker to quiet Wall Street speculation about a possible bankruptcy. It quoted its source as saying the planned cutbacks would come in a "bold announcement" that should "cause a lot of people to shut ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to detail 4 U.S. plant closures this week-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.