By Mboniso Sigonyela PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa, March 28 (Reuters) - General Motors wants South Africa as its main export base for Hummer H3 vehicles, with the first vehicle expected to roll off the production line in the last quarter of 2006, it said on Tuesday. The world's number one automaker last year awarded General Motors South Africa (GMSA), a wholly-owned subsidiary, a contract to assemble its third generation Hummer to export to markets in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM eyes South African export base for Hummer 3" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642