DETROIT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Wednesday reported total global sales of 9.37 million vehicles in 2007, coming in neck-and-neck with Japanese rival Toyota Motor Corp . GM said its global sales rose 3 percent from a year earlier, driven by strong growth in regions outside North America. Toyota, which was expected to have surpassed GM as the world's largest automaker, also sold 9.37 vehicles in 2007. (Reporting by Jui Chakravorty, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM global sales in 2007 about even with Toyota's" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.