DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp plans to idle a Pontiac, Michigan truck assembly plant on Thursday because of a strike against American Axle & Manufacturing Inc , a key supplier, a person familiar with the matter said. GM will stop production at the plant where it makes the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickup trucks, according to the person, who asked not to be named since the decision to idle the plant had not been formally announced. GM's move comes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to idle truck plant due to American Axle strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.