NEW DELHI, Jan 27 (Reuters) - General Motors' India unit said on Thursday it planned to source $1 billion worth of auto parts from India over the next two years. General Motors expects its India plant in western state of Gujarat to have more than 100,000 unit production capacity in the next few months, the company said in a statement. (Reporting by Anurag Kotoky)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM India unit says to source $1 bln auto parts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.