GM interest in buying Fiat Auto waning-Berlusconi

Newswire

ROME, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said on Monday General Motors Corp.'s interest in buying Fiat's carmaking unit had declined. Fiat swapped 20 percent of Fiat Auto for a six percent stake in GM in 2000 and it has the option to sell the remaining 80 percent of its carmaking unit to the U.S. auto giant from 2004. Berlusconi said he hoped Italian investors would step in to help Fiat. "With the decline in General Motors' interest, the government hopes for an ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"GM interest in buying Fiat Auto waning-Berlusconi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

WardsAuto Blogs
Aug 28, 2014
blog

Why Young People Shun Auto Industry 4

The difference today is automakers have stopped selling the dream in favor of selling the deal. Dream cars disappeared decades ago, and concept cars are merely production cars with the door handles and side mirrors removed....More
Aug 25, 2014
blog

Finally, Voice of Reason

The concept of an autopilot is not new, particularly in aerospace. But Owens notes even the airline industry has never crossed that threshold by placing hundreds of lives solely in the digital hands of a computer....More
Aug 21, 2014
blog

Michigan, Great Lakes Region Still Core of North American Production

The Great Lakes Region is well-positioned to remain a North American production hub for years, perhaps well into the next decade....More

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×