FRANKFURT, Sept 25 (Reuters) - General Motors has begun building its Opel Antara SUV in St. Petersburg and plans to produce 2,500 units there in 2008 to meet growing demand in Russia, the company said on Tuesday. By the end of next year Opel plans to have a new GM plant up and running in Shushary, south east of St. Petersburg, the company said in a statement. The plant wil have production capacity of 70,000 cars per year with a staff of around 900. In the meantime, GM said it will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM launches Opel Antara production in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642