FRANKFURT, June 26 (Reuters) - General Motors and Magna hope to close the sale of a majority stake in GM's Opel by the middle of September, ahead of Germany's general elections, an Opel supervisory board member told Reuters on Friday. "There should be a contract ready by July 15 between GM and Magna...by mid-September there should be a closing," said Rainer Einenkel, the senior labour leader at Opel's Bochum plant, who also sits on the board. (Reporting by Angelika Gruber)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, Magna to close Opel sale by mid-Sept-union" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.