NEW YORK, March 23 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. is in talks with private equity and other financial firms over selling a stake in its GMAC Commercial Mortgage subsidiary, The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. The deal could raise as much as $1 billion for the carmaker, the Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter. Such a move would be a small part of GM's attempts to recover from a poor performance by its North American car operations and avert the threat of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM may sell stake in GMAC mortage unit-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.