By Scott Hillis BEIJING, Nov 18 (Reuters) - China, guzzling petrol at a furious pace amid breakneck economic growth and car buying, should wean itself off oil by promoting vehicles powered by hydrogen, General Motors executives said on Tuesday. Executives from the U.S. auto maker will show off their latest concept cars to Chinese officials including Zeng Peiyan, minster of the powerful State Development and Reform Commission. The centrepiece of the GM Tech Tour that has included stops ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM pitches hydrogen cars in oil-thirsty China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.