DETROIT, Dec 23 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. said on Friday it is expanding an earlier recall of sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks to include another 553,000 vehicles because of potential problems with brakes. Unwanted application of the anti-lock brake system in some vehicles can cause increased stopping distances during low-speed braking, GM spokesman Alan Adler said. GM in August recalled 804,000 full-size pickup trucks and SUVs in 14 states for the same problem. Adler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to recall 553,000 SUVs, trucks to fix brakes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.