DETROIT, Aug 29 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp is recalling 857,735 vehicles equipped with heated windshield wiper fluid system for a potential short circuit problem, according to federal safety regulators. A short circuit in the system may cause other electrical features to malfunction, create an odor or cause smoke, increasing the risk of a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said on its website. (Reporting by Poornima Gupta; editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM recalls 857,735 vehicles for electrical problems" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.