DETROIT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Wednesday declined to comment on reports that it was considering seeking help from Japanese rival Toyota Motor Corp , but said executives "routinely discuss issues of mutual interest" with other automakers. "As a policy, we do not confirm or comment publicly on those private discussions, which in many cases do not lead anywhere," GM said in a statement A Kyodo news report, citing sources familiar with the plan, said Toyota was expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM says has routine contact with other automakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.