LOS ANGELES, Nov 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. will press for further cost reductions through both an upcoming round of contract talks and consolidated product development efforts, the automaker's chief executive said in an interview published on Thursday. In an interview published online by Business Week magazine, GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner was quoted as saying that GM would have to make cuts in coming year on par with the $9 billion it cut this year through a program of job ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to seek more cost cuts, including labor-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.