DETROIT, May 17 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp Chief Executive Rick Wagoner said on Thursday he expected more consolidation in the U.S. auto industry and indicated a merger of GM's former financial arm GMAC was possible. "I do expect to see further consolidation. I don't know who or where," Wagoner said, speaking at a business lunch in Detroit. He added, "I don't see a mad rush to privatize in the auto sector." It was the first time that Wagoner has spoken publicly since Monday's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM sees more auto consolidation, possibly GMAC deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642