DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Negotiators for General Motors Corp. and the United Auto Workers remained at the bargaining table with an hour remaining until the union's declared strike deadline, a person familiar with the talks said. The UAW has declared an impasse in the negotiations and set a deadline of 11 a.m. EDT (1500 GMT) on Monday to reach a deal with GM. If no agreement is reached, the union has said it will send 73,000 GM workers on strike immediately.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, UAW remain in talks as strike deadline approaches" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.