PHILADELPHIA, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross said an "uncontrolled" bankruptcy of General Motors Corp would be a "disaster" and a prepackaged reorganization would be a better solution. Speaking at the Wharton Crisis and Opportunity conference in Philadelphia, Ross said: "It doesn't work to do an uncontrolled bankruptcy. It would have to be prepackaged, with the government writing a really big check." (Reporting by Jessica Hall; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM uncontrolled bankruptcy would be disaster-Ross" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.