NEW YORK, Dec 30 (Reuters) - GMAC bonds rallied early Tuesday after the government agreed to buy $5 billion in equity in auto and mortgage finance company GMAC and increase a loan to General Motors by $1 billion. GMAC's 8 percent bonds due 2031 tightened by 238 basis points to trade at a spread of 1,262 basis points over Treasuries, according to Tradeweb, a service of Thomson Reuters. (Reporting by Ciara Linnane;Editing by Chizu Nomiyama
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMAC bonds rally after government bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.