NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - Finance company GMAC on Tuesday said its first-quarter loss nearly doubled as more customers fell behind on mortgage payments, and said it may not turn a profit this year. The loss increased to $589 million from $305 million a year earlier. Results included a $859 million loss at Residential Capital LLC, the mortgage unit's sixth straight quarterly loss. GMAC has said it may still sell all or part of ResCap, after reducing riskier lending and announcing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMAC posts $589 mln loss, may not have 2008 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642