By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Dec 18 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet brand expects a roll-out of new cars and pickup trucks to make it the top-selling U.S. brand as early as next year, surpassing Ford for the first time in 17 years. Chevrolet, which will sell about 2.6 million vehicles in the United States this year, will likely pass Ford Motor Co.'s Ford brand next year and hit an annual rate of 3 million vehicles sometime in 2005, Chevrolet General Manager Brent Dewar told ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM's Chevrolet expects to top Ford in sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.