CHICAGO, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. , following marathon labor negotiations, will move ahead with plans to close its Huntsville, Alabama, tire plant by the end of the year, a union spokesman said on Wednesday. Goodyear's desire to close the Huntsville plant, which employs about 1,100 members of the United Steelworkers Union, had been a key stumbling block in the contract negotiations.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Goodyear to close Huntsville, Ala., plant-union" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.