AKRON, Ohio, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. plans to idle 15 percent of its North American tire-making capacity this year and shift production of some tires to other countries, the Akron Beacon Journal newspaper reported on Thursday. Accoridng to the newspaper, Akron-based Goodyear said in a company newsletter distributed to employees that it could no longer afford to produce low-priced commodity-type tires in North America. A Goodyear spokesman was not immediately ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Goodyear to cut US tire-making capacity-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.