DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Auto retail chain Group 1 Automotive Inc reported a nearly 29 percent decline in quarterly earnings on Tuesday as sales of new vehicles were hit by an industry-wide slump. The auto retailer, which ranks as the fourth-largest U.S. auto retail chain in terms of sales, also cut its forecast for full-year earnings and its forecast for 2008 U.S. auto sales. Group 1 expects to post earnings per share from continuing operations of between $2.65 and $2.95 this year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Group 1 2nd-qtr profit drops amid auto slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.