DETROIT, March 30 (Reuters) - Car dealership group, Group 1 Automotive Inc. , on Thursday said Automatic Data Processing Inc. will become the dealership management system for all its stores over the next 18 months -- a move that will cut its information technology costs by at least $3 million. Group 1 said it expects some charges for exiting contracts with other system providers, most of which will be incurred in 2006.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Group 1 to consolidate stores under ADP management" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.