DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Car dealer Group 1 Automotive Inc. on Thursday reported weaker second-quarter earnings due to weak vehicle sales and damage from a Texas hailstorm. The Houston-based company said earnings fell to $15.7 million, or 67 cents per share, from $20.0 million, or 86 cents per share, a year earlier.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Group 1 earnings fall due to weak auto sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.