LONDON, June 27 (Reuters Life!) - Drivers of London's black cabs have launched a LDNtaxi iPhone application which allows customers to hail a taxi online using their mobile phones. The app calculates the caller's position using the phone's global positioning satellite (GPS) feature, then looks for black cabs nearby and alerts drivers to a potential customer. It will then show the customer how many cabs are within a two-mile radius, allowing the phone user to decide how likely it is a cab ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hail a London black cab with new iPhone app" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.