By James Kelleher and Doris Frankel CHICAGO, June 22 (Reuters) - The shares and options of motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson Inc. surged on Friday amid speculation Honda Motor Co. Ltd. was looking to buy the U.S. motorcycle maker. A spokesman for Harley-Davidson declined to comment on the talk and a call requesting comment from the U.S. unit of Honda was not immediately returned. "We don't typically comment on market speculation or on day to day market activity," said Bob Klein, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Harley surges on Honda talk; skeptics abound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642