By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, May 22 (Reuters) - A senior Republican senator said he would introduce a bill on Thursday to set up a $108 billion fund to pay asbestos injury claims, and call a committee hearing on it early next month. The degree of support for the measure by Utah Republican Orrin Hatch was unclear. It was strongly criticized this week by organized labor, whose backing is essential to getting enough Democrat votes in the closely divided Senate. AFL-CIO General Counsel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hatch to file US asbestos bill, sees June hearing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.