FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Thousands of Opel workers from around Germany rallied on Thursday at the company's headquarters, demanding parent General Motors scrap any plans for plant closures in Europe. [ID:nLQ443739] Here are comments by German politicians on the matter: GERMAN VICE CHANCELLOR FRANK-WALTER STEINMEIER "This is a fight for jobs and I'm fighting without any reservation for you." "Opel is a part of German history. We've got to defend that history." "This is about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"HIGHLIGHTS-German politicians vow to support GM's Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642