MUMBAI, July 30 (Reuters) - Indian car maker Hindustan Motors Ltd. plans to launch Mitsubishi's small-car model iCar in India by the end of 2007, the Business Line reported on Sunday. The hatchback will be imported in a semi-knocked down form and assembled at Hindustan Motors' plant near the southern Indian city of Chennai. Production at the factory dedicated to Mitsubishi will be ramped up, the paper said. A spokeswoman for Hindustan Motors could not immediately be reached for comment. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hindustan Motors to launch Mitsubishi small car-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642