KOLKATA, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Hindustan Motors Ltd. will invest 1 billion rupees in five years to expand and diversify its car plant in Uttarpara, near eastern Kolkata city, a top official said. The company would fund the investment with revenue expected from developing its land at Uttarpara, a plan cleared by the West Bengal state government on Thursday, Managing Director Ravi Santhanam told reporters on Friday.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hindustan Motors unveils 1 bln rupee investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.