TOKYO, May 19 (Reuters) - Hino Motors Ltd , the Japanese truck unit of Toyota Motor Corp , said on Wednesday it would build a second factory in the United States to meet growing demand for auto parts from its parent company. The truck maker said it bought 160 acres, or about 650,000 square metres, of land last week in Marion, Arkansas for the plant, which will initially have about 200 to 300 employees. Production is due to begin in 2006. Other details including the type of parts to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hino to build 2nd US parts plant to supply Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642