TOKYO, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Japanese truck maker Hino Motors Ltd said on Friday it would form a joint venture with Shanghai Diesel Engine Co Ltd to build and sell large diesel engines to Chinese truck makers. The 50-50 venture, called Shanghai Hino Engine, is Hino's first overseas company dedicated solely to the manufacture and sale of engines. The new company will build a factory in Shanghai with annual output capacity of 15,000 units, aiming for a November 2004 start. It plans to sell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hino, Shanghai Diesel to form engine jv in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.