TOKYO, May 26 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co , the world's biggest motorcycle maker, said on Thursday it would boost its production capacity for motorbikes in India to 4 million units by the first half of 2013, including through the construction of a third factory. Honda is in the process of exiting its Indian joint venture, Hero Honda Motors , after more than 26 years to reap profits on its own through wholly owned unit Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India. Honda said it would double ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to boost India bike capacity to 4 mln units by 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.