TOKYO, May 27 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. plans to raise its local procurement rate for car parts and components in China to 90 percent from 70 percent by the end of 2008, the Nikkei business daily said on Sunday. The move is aimed at reducing costs ahead of the company's starting production of the new model Accord next year, company sources were quoted by the Nikkei as saying. Company officials were not available for comment. The Nikkei said the company had initially planned to raise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to up China procurement to 90 pct by end '08" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642