* Honda to cut North American output by 62,000 vehicles * Plants to be idled for 13 days between May and July * Will offer buyouts and early retirement WASHINGTON, March 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd said on Tuesday it would cut production in North America by 62,000 vehicles by shutting down factories for 13 days starting in May and said it would cut pay for salaried and factory workers. The Japanese automaker, which like its rivals has been hit by the sharp downturn in auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to cut North American production, worker pay" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.