TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co , Japan's second-largest automaker, cut its domestic sales forecast for the current business year on Tuesday to 815,000 cars from 855,000 after a sharper-than-expected slide so far this year. Hit by an ageing model line-up and fierce competition in the stagnant domestic market, Honda's vehicle sales have fallen 35 percent in the year to date.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda cuts 2003/04 Japan car sales forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642