TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said on Tuesday it now expects to sell 3.150 million cars globally this business year instead of the previous 3.435 million forecast that it withdrew after the Thai floods inundated its plant there in early October. Honda said it now expects to restart production at its Thai car plant by the end of March, and normalise output at other Asian plants affected by the floods by April. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda cuts 2011/12 car sales forecast to 3.150 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.