BANGKOK, March 19 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co plans to add 6.6 billion baht ($167 million) production line to its Thai operations to build a new compact car in 2007, a Thai minister said on Friday. The production line would have a capacity of 100,000 cars a year, Vice Industry Minister Vatchara Panchet told reporters after a meeting between Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and Honda president Takeo Fukui.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to invest $167 mln in Thailand - minister" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.