TOKYO, July 25 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. , Japan's third-biggest auto maker, said on Monday it planned to launch its premium Acura brand in China -- the first time outside North America -- starting with the RL luxury sedan next spring. The imported Acura cars will be sold through a dedicated Acura dealer network to be set up by its wholly owned local unit, Honda Motor (China) Investment Co. First-year sales are targeted at 3,000 units, Honda said in a statement. Demand for luxury cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to launch Acura brand in China in early 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.