By Narayanan Madhavan BANGALORE, India July 23 (Reuters) - Japanese automaker Honda launched a two-wheeler billed as India's first "motoscooter" on Tuesday with an aim to more than double sales in two years on the strength of the hybrid motorcycle-meets-scooter vehicle. Company officials told a news conference in the southern Indian city of Bangalore that the design-rich "Dio" model, coming a year after the launch of the "Activa" model billed as a family scooter, would address trendy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda launches "motoscooter" in India, aims big" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.