TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said on Friday its quarterly profit more than doubled as sales in Asia soared, and it lifted its annual forecasts for a second time as it absorbs currency losses with deep cost cuts. The maker of the Accord and Fit models reported an operating profit of 163.5 billion yen ($2.02 billion) for the July-September quarter, up from 65.5 billion yen a year ago and slightly below the average 167 billion yen estimated by three analysts. Second-quarter net ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Q2 soars on sales growth, lifts forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.