By Chang-Ran Kim and Vithoon Amorn BANGKOK, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co , Japan's second-largest auto maker, has come a long way in Thailand against the odds. Despite being among the last to enter the Thai passenger car market, it is now the country's number-two brand after Toyota Motor Corp , which has been making cars there for nearly 50 years. At least one in every three cars in Thailand has a Honda badge now, but the auto maker has bigger ambitions: it wants to overtake ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda on a roll in Thailand, but faces wily Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.