LONDON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co. said on Thursday it planned to create 700 new jobs at its UK manufacturing plant as it increases production next year following strong demand. Honda said it planned to add a further shift at its Swindon plant to bring the total number of jobs to 4,900 due to demand for its new Civic 5-door and 3-door models. Honda said in a statement it expected to produce 190,000 cars at the UK plant in 2006 and this would increase to 250,000 by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda says to create 700 new jobs at UK plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642