TOKYO, May 24 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. Ltd. said on Tuesday it had sold just over 100,000 hybrid vehicles worldwide by the end of April since starting sales in 1999. Japan's third-largest automaker said it sold about 89,000 hybrids in the United States, 5,900 in Japan, 3,800 in Europe and 1,500 in Canada. Honda, which first introduced Insight hybrids in its domestic market in November 1999, has since added hybrid versions of its Civic and Accord cars. Honda, which produces hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda says has sold 100,000 hybrids globally" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642