TOKYO, May 22 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said on Thursday it was seeking Chinese government approval to double production capacity at its local joint venture plant with Dongfeng Motor Corp to 240,000 vehicles a year. That would bring total capacity in China for Japan's second-biggest automaker to 650,000 units a year. Honda has another car-making venture with Guangzhou Automobile Group and a 50,000 cars-a-year export-only factory. A Honda spokesman said production capacity at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda seeking approval to double China JV capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642