DETROIT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd's senior vice president of U.S. auto operations said on Friday the Japanese automaker is seeing softness in sales of luxury cars in the U.S. market in August. We saw it at Acura and we think it's a national phenomenon," John Mendel, the executive, told reporters on Friday. Mendel also said the crisis in the subprime lending market will "psychologically affect new buyers."
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda sees soft US luxury vehicle sales in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642