By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. will shut its plant at Huntsville, Alabama, which could lead to around 1,000 job losses, as part of a tentative labor pact reached with the United Steelworkers of America, a union spokesman said. The company and union reached the settlement on Wednesday covering 19,000 workers at 14 U.S. plants after round-the-clock bargaining sessions over the past week that capped five months of negotiations. "Part of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Huntsville plant to close under Goodyear labor deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642